I started my 1st company 30 years ago, raised a whopping 10K from Dad. As he wrote the check, he said, Art…
1. AS AN INVESTOR, I WOULD NOT INVEST. I am doing this as your Dad, not an investor. [Wow! Gut punch!]
2. BE INTENSE & COMMITTED! This is vocational war. Your competitor is trying to take milk from your baby. [I never saw him so intense. I felt passion and competitiveness surge.]
3. EXPERTS 1st, FRIENDS 2nd. Your vocational life is on the line, hire the best lawyer, accountant or engineer available. Not your friend posing as one.
4. COMMUNICATION & SPEED! Use the best technology, especially concerning communication and speed. The faster and more accurate your team can communicate the better. Out efficient your competitors on any basic business task.
5. NEVER RUN OUT OF AMMO! The best rifle in the world is worse than a baseball bat without bullets. Raise tons of capital from deep pockets. I do not have deep pockets. You need 10M, not 10K. [Really?] Really!
6. BE FRUGAL! Make your runway as long as possible. Double estimated cost and time to market and cut forecasted revenue in half. Does the plan still work?
7. SELL THE VISION! Sell clients, employees, and shareholders by exceeding their expectations.
8. LOVE WHAT YOU DO & WHO YOU DO IT WITH! Only then will you be successful.
#artcoombs #author #writer #publicspeaker #business #humanconnection #leadership #leadnotmanage #ceomindset #leader #businesstip #entrepreneur #entrepreneurship
Don’t Just Manage Lead!
In Don’t Just Manage—Lead! you’ll learn what it takes to become an effective leader, someone who will help guide and motivate others to achieve success. Art F. Coombs, the Utah based author and CEO, provides the most comprehensive and authoritative account of a true leader’s life and career. Loaded with heartfelt, real life experiences of what it takes to lead thousands of employees, Coombs presents his journey from business student to corporate CEO. With these real-world examples, he shows how true leaders can influence behavior, shape goals, and encourage the very best from others.Buy Now
Today, the world needs human connection more than ever. It needs people who strive for deeper relationships, not just surface recognition, who come at life with the enthusiasm, energy, and excitement that bind people together. These people have a powerful impact on all around them. Leadership guru Art Coombs combines fresh perspectives, profound experience, engaging information, and unforgettable stories into a simple formula that will result in rich connections as you live, laugh, learn, love, and lead those who mean the most to you. Begin today to live the authentic, abundant life you were meant to as you build and shape the connections that change everything.Buy Now
Art has also served as executive vice president of business development and strategic initiatives for First-Source; CEO and founder of Echopass Corporation (the world’s premier contact center hosting environment, which was acquired by Genesys for about $110 million); CEO of Sento Corporation; and managing director and VP of European business development for Sykes Enterprises.
Art is a widely-published author of methodologies for BPO/contact centers, outsourcing, customer service, and technical support, and has served in leadership positions at Hewlett-Packard, VLSI Research, and RasterOps.